Any successful organization strives to provide worker-friendly environment to enhance employee’s morale, comfort and their efficiency. The more contentment to the workers, the more benefit to the company. Over the past few decades, companies and business establishments have increasingly felt the need to create an ergonomically inspired work space and culture for employees to increase performance and also to tackle work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs), like the Quantum Code became more and more popular. The need for meticulous planning in recognizing the shortfalls in existing infrastructure and improving using ‘Ergonomics’ has become the cornerstone for running the business successfully.
Why Ergonomics is significant in modern business organizations?
Ergonomics refers to the science of designing and maintaining workplaces, equipments and systems to suit to the needs of the users after detailed analysis of their capabilities and limitations. A good ergonomic system aims to provide safe and comfortable environment that benefits both the employees and the business with increased production and quality with reduced health hazards. A sound welfare measure of the employees adds on to increase in work efficiency and positive state of mind among them. Moreover, the health condition of employees is relative to their performance. To have sustained growth in productivity, the companies should adapt an effective ergonomic strategy in all their operations.
How Ergonomics functions?
A company’s work ergonomics not only reduces physical discomforts but also cares about the physical dimensional needs and the operational requirements. The data and techniques of several aspects like engineering, physiology and psychology are taken into consideration to arrive at a best ergonomic practice design. Some of the areas in which Ergonomics can be implemented are:
- A warm, cozy infrastructure gives a soothing effect and helps in focusing more at the work.
- Colorful wall paints with minimal but aesthetic décor creates a homely atmosphere.
- Furniture like comfortable seating, tables and desks with desirable size and shape adds to the wellbeing of the employees.
- Climate control facilities to have a soothing temperature while working long duration adds on the comfort.
Does Ergonomic program add to the cost?
Absolutely not! The most valuable asset of a company is their healthy and motivated employee. Ergonomics is well worth the cost as it indirectly increases the revenue by decreasing the health care compensations. The business entity that plans and implements a strong ergonomics work plan enjoys the following benefits:
- Reduction in health care costs due to WMSDs like illness or injuries.
- Enhances productivity by decreasing physical fatigue and discomfort.
- Helps in delivering quality work as it boosts the employee morale to work more efficiently.
- Increases employee engagement as they are content with company’s initiative towards their health and safety.
- Creates a safe and healthy culture for better human interaction and performance.
If the comforts of the employees are not addressed fully, it decreases human performances and affects the business and financial growth of the company. A well planned Ergonomics that helps in optimizing the working environment and culture not only takes the business to a great level but also creates a happy team to work with.